Friday, August 20, 2010

Why you may "need a little help from your trainer".

Writing a blog has been very therapeutic for me. It was a suggestion from my sister who referred me to my niece's (her daughter's) blog.  I loved preparedbypaige  blog so much I began that day figuring out how to set one up for my new fitness business.  I reference her blog a lot in my posts not because she's my niece (well, maybe a tiny bit) but truly because I love her simple, healthy, delicious recipes.  Trust me, she comes from a long line of "foodies". No doubt a genetic predisposition. If you're wondering where I'm going with this and what's the point. Here it is.  It too have a passion that I enjoy "blogging" about and it is  health and fitness.  A bonus from  writing this blog is it keeps me learning as I research each topic.  I learn not only from the research I do but from comments I get from readers.  Ideas for blog topics come from my clients, and blog readers. And to my surprise from friends who read my blog but don't leave comments on the blog!  My post yesterday about why strength training is more than looking good was born out of a reader comment.  And the genesis for today's post is similar. Benefits of hiring a personal trainer are just as important for ordinary folks as they are for the rich, and the famous.  We all have appearances we want to look good for. Right? But most importantly the benefits lead you on a path to good health and looking good everyday.   So I thought I would blog about these list of benefits a good trainer will provide:

1. Motivation and accountability: There's nothing like a standing appointment to get your butt in gear for a workout. You'll get results by showing up and nothing is more motivating than success!

2. Efficiency: No more wasting time doing inefficient work outs. Personal trainers have a plan and will help you get maximum results in minimum time.

3. Workout Safely: A personal trainer educates and monitors form keeping you injury free, and helping to either push you or slow you down as necessary.

4. Lose weight: This is the number one reason people hire personal trainers. If you make a resolution to lose the fat and build the muscle, a trainer can keep you on track to realize that goal. I personally am not a fan of "diets" and believe weight loss doesn't include starving yourself.

5. Workout at home: If you don't have an interest in going to a gym but have a hard time knowing what to do on your own at home, a personal trainer can bring fitness into your living room.

6. You are new to exercise: A good trainer will introduce you to a simple, effective routine and build efficiently. Before you know it you will have progressed into an experienced exerciser.

7. Break through plateaus: When you're stuck in a certain routine and not seeing the progress you want, a personal trainer will jump start your motivation and your routine.

8. You have a specific illness, injury or condition: Issues like arthritis, heart disease, old injuries shouldn't keep you from exercising. Just the opposite.  A personal trainer (who works with your doctor, of course) can help you find a program to heal injuries and avoid further problems.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. thanks aunt beth. i totally fell the same way about your blog. it is something i look forward to everyday, not only because it is so informative, but it does keep me motivated. last night i did what you suggested and did all of my squats, but could only to 3 sets of push ups. was a real eye opener, but also something to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 sets is a lot so 3 sets is pretty darn good. I have to do a modified push up (knees on floor) for the last few so if you're just starting with push ups and did 3 sets on your toes - that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, 3 sets on my knees! my legs were so sore over the weekend from doing squats. i love that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe

    Knees, toes - it's all good !!

    ReplyDelete