Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Healing foods - they are your friends.

After posting about each of these powerful foods I began to realize how basic they all are. They are mostly foods that really aren't that unusual to find in your refrigerator - like onions, carrots, broccoli, spinach, kiwi and cherries. The unusual ones for me were guavas, dandelions, kale and watercress and then there are the special recipe items like cabbage and beans. But overall these foods are pretty easy to incorporate into your diet on a daily basis. And that's the key, keeping these powerful healing foods in your system so that you are bolstered each and every day from the onslaught of toxins that are in the air, water, food, food additives, chemicals in the environment and chemicals in the workplace. We know they're out there.

Incorporating these foods into your diet is to me another baby step to healthy living. For example, I roasted a couple of onions the other night for a side, there were wedges left so I stuck them in the fridge and a day later chopped them up and added to a salad. Don't usually put onions in my salads but that was easy enough. Instead of apples I bought a few kiwi. Carrots are back on the shopping list and in my salad. Beans, carrots and onions are nice to have in the house as a base for a good soup. Broccoli and spinach were already standards for me so no big deal there. Guavas, cabbage, kale, dandelions and watercress are the only items that will prove to be an experiment for me but HEY what's wrong with that??

So here they are again. Throw them in your cart and include them in your meals daily - you'll be healthier for it!

Beans
Watercress
Spinach
Onions
Carrots
Cabbage
Broccoli
Kale
Dandelion
Kiwi
Cherries
Guavas

No comments:

Post a Comment