Thursday, August 26, 2010

Shout out to entrepreneurs!


Posted by Picasa A friend of a friend designs wedding dresses.  My friend asked her  Facebook friends to spread the word as my friend likes to help out her friends.  After all, what are friends for.  So my post today is about beautiful and unusual wedding dresses designed by a woman who like me and many other women (and men) decided to follow a calling that meant more to them than a paycheck.  This designer has a website and a very nice feature article (with more beautiful pictures) in Chicago Now. If you know someone who is planning to get engaged or get married I bet they would love to see these links!


So it's a short post today. One that brings awareness to women AND men who have a talent that pushes them everyday to hone and make better their craft.  They've chosen to embark in an entrepreneurial endeavor knowing there's no guarantee when it comes to a regular paycheck or none of the usual benefits associated with a more traditional job.  If you are one of these people you know what I'm talking about and if you haven't experienced being "on your own" then believe me when I say we could all use "a little help from our friends."


Have a great weekend and support your local entrepreneur!!

3 comments:

  1. It's entreprenears who take risks and change status quo. This great country of ours was build on these brave people.

    You're a very good writer ... ummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoken like true entrepreneurs!! :-))

    ReplyDelete