Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shout Out To "The Cute Little Taco!"

 
Posted by Picasa

I just have to share my most favorite recipe. It's my favorite because it is absolutely delicious and yet every ingredient is a power packed nutrient or "functional" food. If you're wondering what constitutes a functional food, check out my blog for June 22. Added bonuses for this recipe are ease of preparation and it makes a great presentation. I found the recipe on preparedbypaige blog which is full of healthy recipes along with pure indulgence recipes. I'll start with list of ingredients!


Package of wontons (with 0 saturated fat, 0 trans fat and 6 grams of protein)

1 avocado (super food!)

1 mango

1 ear of fresh corn

1 lime (citrus is a super food)

Cilantro to taste (I use a lot because it happens to be my favorite herb)

Black beans -major super food (I cook dried but you can use canned, drained and rinsed)

Arugula or romaine (super food)


You'll need a miniature muffin tin. Preheat oven to 400 and place a wonton wrapper in each of the pan's muffin molds. Bake for 5 minutes and there you have your "cute little tacos!"


While oven is preheating, remove corn from cob, chop your avocado, mango, and tear the arugula into bite size pieces. Add the black beans and cilantro pinched from the stems, and mix altogether with the juice of one lime.


Spoon black bean mix into your cute little tacos and prepare for a tasty treat that comes with no guilt!

3 comments:

  1. great home page photo - you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I bet those little morsels were out-of-this-world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rarely does something taste so good AND classify as a "health food"

    ReplyDelete